Profil du pays

Canada-Prince Edward Island

The first missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to preach in Prince Edward Island arrived in 1845. Branches (small congregations) were organized in Bedeque and Charlottetown, but were disbanded in 1850 when all Church members living in the province emigrated to Utah.

The first modern presence of the Church in Prince Edward Island came in 1964 when a converted couple from New York contacted another Church member living in the area and began holding Sunday School. Full-time missionaries were transferred to the island in 1966.

Church membership continued to grow on the island, and construction of the first meetinghouse was completed in the summer of 1983. A second chapel was completed the following year, and a third in 1988.


Remarque concernant le nom de l’Église:Quand vous parlez de l’Église de Jésus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours, veuillez utiliser le nom complet de l’Église la première fois que vous la mentionnez. Pour avoir plus de renseignements sur l’utilisation du nom de l’Église, consultez notre Guide de rédaction.